Re: How to Setup Autoconf?

From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak
Subject: Re: How to Setup Autoconf?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:47:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> Ok,
> i've downloaded MinGW (i've tried this b4 unsucessfully, but then none of
> its worked yet, roflmao). How do i use this with the configure
> script???? (damn it i'm being dumb)
If I get this correctly, you're only used to the Windows GUI, and it's the
command-line is kinda scary, right?
If that's the case, there's not very much this list can do about that, but
the people here can tell you which commands to execute to get to running
configure..
When you have MSYS installed (which a previous mail pointed you to) you
should have a baroque-like "M" somewhere on your desktop, and/or
MinGW/MSYS/msys in your programs menu (under start) - click it. You now
have a command-line.
If the sources to your apache are in C:\hello\apache type
$ cd /c/hello/apache
to get there (don't type the dollar sign *)
You can now type ./configure if you want to run the configure script (or
just follow the rest of the instructions in your book).
If you really want to edit "configure" (which I would not recommend as
it's generated by autoconf, but from an earlier post of yours my guess
is that you're doing it anyway), use a simple text editor to do it, not a
Borland IDE.

Good luck :)

rlc

* if you hang around on lists like this one for a while, you will find
  that often, when someone tells you to type something on the
  command-line, there is a $ in front of what you're supposed to type, or
  a % if you have to be a super-user to do it. This is kind of a
  convention, which helps get more info into a single line - something
  geeks seem to like a lot ;)