Re: C99 Compiler Support Determination?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: C99 Compiler Support Determination?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:08:22 -0800

Bill Wendling <address@hidden> writes:

> Mostly, I want to check to see if the compiler *isn't* C99 compliant.
> There's a weird problem I'm having with a non-gcc compiler sucking in
> header files from gcc but this non-gcc compiler isn't C99 (I don't
> think), so it produces errors. But only if you include the
> "-I/usr/include" flag during compilation.

> It's making me go bald :-)

Well, GCC isn't C99-compliant either, so I'm not sure that's the check
that you really want to perform.

In general, -I/usr/include is always wrong.  It breaks GCC too.  If you
can find a way to get rid of that in your build system, that may fix the
problem.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>