autoconf-archive-maintainers

How to deal with the acltx_* and ax_latex_* macros?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: How to deal with the acltx_* and ax_latex_* macros?
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:31:20 +0200

Hi guys,

Bogdan has kindly agreed to apply the Autoconf Exception to his macros. This
means that the only problematic LGPL entries left in the Autoconf Archive are
the LaTeX macros from Mathieu Boretti (whom I'm sending a Cc of this message).
Unfortunately, Mathieu does not seem to responded to his e-mail. Maybe those
messages don't even reach him? I don't know that, of course, but I don't
receive any bounce messages either, so I have to assume that they reach his
mailbox. In the past, I have tried to contact Mathieu because of other issues
before, but those attempts were just as unsuccessful as the recent ones.

The FSF is unhappy about the LGPL licensing, and their reasoning feels sound.
Because of that situation, I would like to delete the LaTeX macros from the
archive. I realize that this is far from an ideal solution, but I'd really like
to get those licensing issues over with and move forward.

Do you think this is the way to go? Or do we have any alternatives?

Take care,
Peter