Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: how to list references in *toc* ?

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: how to list references in *toc* ?
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 19:47:01 +0200

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> When I am writing LaTeX documents, I regularly switch to the *toc*
> buffer by `C-c =', as everyone should do. :-)
> From *toc* buffer, it is really nice to list all the labels by simply `l`.
>

> However, I am not able to find a way to list all the references,
> especially where they appear in the TOC.
>

> Do I miss something ?
> or any idea ?

Hi Simon,

the only thing I know within RefTeX for viewing cross-references is
described here:

    https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex.html#SEC42

But this is not what you're looking for?

> Moreover, it should be nice to create a summary buffer to provide, e.g.,
>
>   label-nameA   line-definition   line-use1, line-use2, ...
>   label-nameB   line-definition   line-use1, line-use2, ...
>
> then it will be really easier to jump to non-used labels or see
> non-defined references, etc.
> I have quickly&dirty done something in this flavor in Python, but it
> is not well-integrated with Emacs. Therefore, before dive in some
> RefTeX code and see what I should be able to do, I would like to know
> if someone has already experiment something.

I think RefTeX does not have such a feature.  So if you want to dive
into it, please go ahead.  Patches are always welcome :-)

Best, Arash