Re: [AUCTeX] Parsing first line

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Parsing first line
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:37:27 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

>>> Is that necessary?  I mean, tex commands are either invoked on the
>>> master file or the region file, where in both cases the local vars of
>>> the master file's buffer are in effect, no?
>>
>> Well, I should check it again,
>
> Please do that.  I don't really know because I tend to use only single
> file documents (maybe with the preamble in a separate file).

Just tested (sorry for the delay), I confirm variables like
`TeX-engine' are evaluated in the current buffer, not in the master
one which can also be closed for the compilation to work.  The problem
is also that in multifile documents one has to set appropriately those
variables in every files, this can be somewhat annoying.

Bye,
Mosè