Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 03:09:46 -0600

Marco,

On 12/18/2012 02:11 AM, Marco Pessotto wrote:

I'd strongly suggest to keep your .tex files under revision control. So
you can be sure what's going on just looking at the differences.

That's a very good advice. I do daily backups, but you're right ---given my problem, I need more than that.

Also, check your .emacs. Is it clean and readable and understandable or
have you things you don't know exactly what they do?

My .emacs file is really small, as I only use Emacs for AUCTeX and 0rg-mode; and, yes, I know what each line does, why I put it there and the source from which I took it.

Last but not the list, are you sure your keyboard is fine, without stuck
keys?

Very good point! My keyboard (Apple keyboard, though I use it in a Linux box) seems to be just fine. But I'll keep an eye on this.

Thank you very much.

Axel