Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.87 released

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.87 released
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 03:09:13 -0600

On 12/01/2012 03:01 AM, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* Axel E. Retif (2012-12-01) writes:

Now a neophyte question ---I'm using AUCTeX 2012-04-26 (downloaded from
CVS, of course) on my $HOME/bin compiled Emacs 24.2.1. Can I just
``install over it'', so to speak, or do I need to do some uninstalling
first?

In general it's better to remove an old installation because then you
can be sure there are no stray files left.  Of course, if you want to
spare you the hassle of the removal you can do this only after you
experience problems with an overwritten installation.

Thank you for your kind reply ---I'll do that then: remove the AUCTeX files and do a «fresh» install. I'll tar my Emacs directory first, so I can try it again if I make a mistake (of course I could recompile Emacs as well, but that's more time-consuming).

Thank you again

Axel