Re: [AUCTeX] Update for TOC parsing

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Update for TOC parsing
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 00:22:35 +0100

Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:

>> > For RefTeX I can do the commit myself after your feedback as I have
>> > write access.
>>
>> Both patches look good to me except that there's some encoding problem
>> in the reftex patch. Have a look at the names in the ChangeLog.
>
> It seems that the problem is only in the diff file which I produce
> with `bzr diff', probably I should have used some option to `keep
> binary', but if I commit the change myself, then I tihnk that there
> won't be such issue. Please have a look at:
>
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/lisp/ChangeLog
>
> and you see that my name has no encoding issue in the commits which I
> did.

Yes, right.

>> Oh, and the auctex patch makes auctex depend on the reftex version in
>> emacs bzr. That's not so good. `Texinfo-reftex-hook' should be a
>> no-op when `reftex-section-info-function' and the pre/post regexps
>> aren't defined.
>
> However, I don't think that this is needed: [...]

Of course, you are right.

> Maybe however it is problematic that the byte compilation of
> tex-info.el does some warnings because it uses some variables defined
> in reftex?  Please feedback on that one.

It's no real problem, but since we know that we are using variables
defined elsewhere, I'd add

  (eval-when-compile
    (defvar reftex-section-pre-regexp)
    (defvar reftex-section-post-regexp)
    (defvar reftex-section-info-function))

> Otherwise, my suggestion is to commit the change as it is, and see
> what happens.

I'll commit the auctex changes on Monday.  Feel free to commit the
reftex changes whenever you want.

Thanks for your contribution!
Tassilo