Re: [AUCTeX] Compiling with pdflatex or latex+dvipdf

From: Arnaud Carayol
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Compiling with pdflatex or latex+dvipdf
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:42:02 +0100

> I work with multi-file documents in LaTeX. Depending on the project, I
> want to compile with either pdflatex or latex+dvipdf. Ideally, I would
> like to add a local variable in the master file (and not in every
> file) telling if I want to use pdflatex or not.
> What is the correct way to do that with auctex ?

Exactly as you've stated.  latex+dvipdf is the default.  For those
documents where you want to use pdflatex instead, add an entry

    eval: (TeX-PDF-mode 1)

to your master file's file variables section.

Thanks a lot for your answer. It works perfectly if I compile (C-c C-c)
on the master file but it does not if I compile from the non-master files.
Is there something to do for auctex to read the local variables
of the master file ?

Arnaud