Re: [AUCTeX] reftex compatibility with biblatex and biber

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex compatibility with biblatex and biber
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:25:08 -0400

On 7/18/2012 10:11 AM, Marcus Frings wrote:
* Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Guilhem BourriƩ <address@hidden> writes:

is reftex compatible with biblatex package and biber ?

Not yet, I think.  There were some patches on the development list, but
nobody had the time to test and commit them.  I myself don't use biber,
so it's hard for me to do that.

I use Philips patches (you can get them from the homepage of the biber
project) for biblatex/biber and they work very well, hence I do
recommend to add them, Guilhem.

I wish they would have become official and got incorporated into (the
CVS version of) AUCTeX.

I agree. I've used the patches quite a bit with auctex-11.86 and they worked very well. Unfortunately, the patches don't apply cleanly to CVS Head, so some tweaking will be necessary. It should be pretty easy, but I'm not expert enough to do it myself. I'm cc-ing Philip; I don't know if he's interested in doing this.

Ken