Re: [AUCTeX] reftex compatibility with biblatex and biber

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex compatibility with biblatex and biber
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:06:07 +0200

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Not yet, I think.  There were some patches on the development list,
>>> but nobody had the time to test and commit them.  I myself don't use
>>> biber, so it's hard for me to do that.
>>
>> I use Philips patches (you can get them from the homepage of the
>> biber project) for biblatex/biber and they work very well, hence I do
>> recommend to add them, Guilhem.
>>
>> I wish they would have become official and got incorporated into (the
>> CVS version of) AUCTeX.
>
> I agree.  I've used the patches quite a bit with auctex-11.86 and they worked
> very well.  Unfortunately, the patches don't apply cleanly to CVS Head, so
> some
> tweaking will be necessary.

BTW, I couldn't find them on the biber homepage.

> It should be pretty easy, but I'm not expert enough to do it myself.
> I'm cc-ing Philip; I don't know if he's interested in doing this.

That would be great.  Philip, do you have signed a CA?

If yes, I'll simply trust Ken's and Marcus' positive experiences, review
them a bit by myself (although I don't have too much knowledge of that
code), and then commit them as soon as possible if Ralf or David don't
jump in.

Bye,
Tassilo