Re: [AUCTeX] adding C-c C-f C-p shortcut for \textipa

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] adding C-c C-f C-p shortcut for \textipa
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:34:50 +0100

* Roger Levy (2008-01-22) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> So you could do
>> M-x customize-variable <RET> LaTeX-font-list <RET>
>> (assuming you are going to use \textipa in LaTeX mode), change the
>> value, save it and be done.
>
> OK -- I have done this and it seems to work after saving and restarting
> emacs.  Thanks a lot (though it took me a while to figure out that I
> could only insert ^P as a character with the sequence C-q C-p)!

Yes, there is some room for improvement.  We could probably allow the
insertion of a string like "C-p" as well, but this would require
providing a choice which in turn would make customization more
complicated.

>> If you really want to manually put some code which you might not
>> understand into your init file, then use something like the following
>> (not tested):
>>
>> (add-to-list 'LaTeX-font-list '(?\C-p "\\textipa{" "}"))
>
> At any rate, the snippet above doesn't turn out to work (I'm guessing
> that emacs doesn't know about LaTeX-font-list until a LaTeX document has
> actually been opened?), so I'll stick with the user-friendly
> customization for now.

Oh, sorry, I didn't think about that.  You will have to wrap into
`eval-after-load':

(eval-after-load "latex"
  '(add-to-list 'LaTeX-font-list '(?\C-p "\\textipa{" "}")))