Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:05:48 +0200

Please keep the mailing list copied.

* Stefan Vollmar (2007-07-02) writes:

> Am 01.07.2007 um 23:49 schrieb Ralf Angeli:
>
>> Does the file contain a footer like the following?
>>
>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%% mode: latex
>> %%% TeX-master: t
>> %%% End:
>
> It did not - my fault. I have added it and can now observe a
> different behaviour (having manually deleted the auto-dir and
> the .aux files, then run latex): "TeX-next-error" will move the
> cursor in one of the latex source files as if this is where the
> reported error was. However, text positions have nothing to do with
> the current error message (wrong file).
>
> Does it matter which buffer is active when calling "TeX-next-error"
> or if the corrupt latex-files have already been loaded? -

AFAICT, no.

>  >This is working fine with vanilla Emacs and vanilla AUCTeX (both from
> CVS).
>
> So you might have a working example I could try? -
> Sorry for not having giving you a better bug report initially.

For finding the cause of a problem or bug it is usually better to
reproduce it, instead of not reproducing it.  So it would be better if
you could provide two minimal files exhibiting the problem as well as
the contents of the output buffer which resulted from running LaTeX on
the file set.