Re: [AUCTeX] reftex installation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex installation
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:33:40 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-03-01) writes:
>
>> Sounds like I should learn to listen better.  Also sounds like we have
>> some fun in store finding someone convinced of the superiority of the
>> XEmacs packaging process in order to keep updating the package.
>
> Nobody in the XEmacs community (developers and users alike) seems to
> have cared for the last three years.  So we are facing a worse
> situation than with AUCTeX.  The package system of XEmacs is being
> eroded by bitrot more and more.

As opposed to AUCTeX, it would appear that an update should, at the
time being, be more or less trivial to do since the file structure as
viewed from XEmacs' CVS+installed tree should not have changed yet.

But then again, I don't feel like investing much energy at the current
point of time, and it is not like I would fancy the expected return of
investment.