Re: [AUCTeX] reftex installation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] reftex installation
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:07:07 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-03-01) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>>> ... which will install an outdated version.
>>
>> Outdated as compared to what?  Our CVS?  Sure, but that's not much
>> of a surprise.  Please don't tell me that we have the same sort of
>> hair-tearing "not our problem" XEmacs experience for RefTeX to
>> expect that we have for AUCTeX.
>
> The latest version distributed by Carsten is 4.31.  The latest
> version distributed by the XEmacs project is 4.21.
>
>> I really am not eager to do the whole XEmacs package building and
>> offering business for _another_ package.
>
> Looking at the changes in the CVS server of the XEmacs project it
> seems like Carsten maintained the XEmacs package himself.

Sounds like I should learn to listen better.  Also sounds like we have
some fun in store finding someone convinced of the superiority of the
XEmacs packaging process in order to keep updating the package.

To be honest, I don't feel like doing anything except announcing the
need on the XEmacs lists, once it makes sense, and not bother at all
otherwise.