[AUCTeX] Re: Specifying the TeX tree

From: Olivier Lefevre
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Specifying the TeX tree
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:32:26 +0100

It isn't.

It is. If I set "Latex Command" to "c:/cygwin/bin/latexe.exe", upon running the current document through LaTeX with PDF option set I get:

Running `LaTeX' on `test' with ``pdfc:/cygwin/bin/latex.exe "\nonstopmode\input{test.tex}"''
'pdfc:' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

>> Please don't tell me that they just have to be on the PATH...
>

> Why not?  That's the way to do this.

That may be the standard way but I don't like polluting the global PATH with directories used by just one application: that's just messy. Same goes for env. vars: they should be defined where and as needed. I tried starting emacs from an emacs.bat script where I augment the PATH variable to add the desired directoty but it *still* cannot find it. So, what can one do?

Thanks,

-- O.L.

 You could configure a whole path into LaTeX-command-style
if you really wanted to.  However, that is a bad idea.

and thus you get, e.g., "pdfc:/somepath/latex.exe". So, how does one