Re: [AUCTeX] Trailing whitespace and RET

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Trailing whitespace and RET
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:55:29 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you come up with a single _actual_ example where the current
> behavior causes a problem?  I mean, a given text file and a sequence
> of keystrokes that does not lead to the desired result?

Suppose you want to compose

" cell 1 & "
" cell 2 & "
" cell 3 & "
" cell 4 & "

to be yanked in tables. The blanks after '&' are desired, for formatting
reasons. But when you try to type this line-by-line, each RET removes
the blank.

But you're right. It would be sufficient to use just

" cell 1 &"
" cell 2 &"
" cell 3 &"
" cell 4 & "

and the result would be the same. I'll proceed like that.

--
Uwe