Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with aspell and accents

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with aspell and accents
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:18:33 +0100

* Christophe FARGES (2006-01-30) writes:

> I found a solution to my problem. I just added the following lines to
> my latex preamble:
> \usepackage[french]{babel}

It would be better to use `frenchb' instead of `french'.  From the
AUCTeX style file style/frenchb.el:

;; Set up AUCTeX for editing French text.  In particular for commands
;; provided by the `frenchb' option of the `babel' LaTeX package.  The
;; `frenchb' option is equivalent to the `francais' option and since
;; babel version 3.7j with the `french' option.  `french', however, is
;; ambiguous because another package by that name made by Bernard
;; Gaulle could be loaded.  In order to avoid this, either `frenchb'
;; (or `francais') or `frenchle' (or `frenchPRO') should be used.  See
;; the documentation of `frenchb' at
;; <URL:http://daniel.flipo.free.fr/frenchb/frenchb-doc.pdf>.

> A last problem I could solve is that aspell looks for words even in
> equations. For example, in this equation,
> \begin{equation}
> B_{wk}=2
> \end{equation}
>
> aspell says that "wk" is misspelled and proposes some words. How can I
> specify that spell check should not be done in equations, eqnarray,
> $$, etc. ?

Sorry, don't know about that.  However, I hope you don't use $$ in
your LaTeX documents for it may screw spacing.