Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with aspell and accents

From: Christophe FARGES
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with aspell and accents
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:19:51 +0100

Thanks David for your answer.
Could you help me with my other problem:
Aspell looks for words even in equations. For example, in this equation,
\begin{equation}
B_{wk}=2
\end{equation}

aspell says that "wk" is misspelled and proposes some words. How can I specify that spell check should not be done in equations, eqnarray, $$, etc. ?

Christophe

Christophe FARGES <address@hidden> writes:

Hello everyone,

I don't know if my request is directly related with auctex, but I hope
someone will be able to help me.
I installed a french aspell dictionnary in xemacs and added the
following lines to the xemacs init.el file:
(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
(setq ispell-dictionary "francais")

It works and uses the correct dictionnary, but I've got problems with
word with accents. For example, if I want to display this word in
latex: "définir" (mean define), I have to type "d\'efinir". When I run
aspell on xemacs, it doesn't see "d\'efinir" as a whole word. Aspell
sees it as 2 words: "d" and "efinir".
How can I do to make it work?

Type in your text directly, use something like
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
to advertise this to LaTeX, and use the francais8 dictionary instead.