Re: [AUCTeX] Launching xdvi without prompt

From: Christophe FARGES
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Launching xdvi without prompt
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:57:35 +0100

I just found what I was looking for. In case someone is interested, here is what you have to do:
just add this to your init.el file:
                   (add-to-list
                    'TeX-command-list
                    '("dvips" "dvips %s.dvi" TeX-run-silent t nil))

Chris

Thanks! Almost everything works right now...

The last thing I'd like to do is to convert my dvi file to ps (using dvips) INSIDE xemacs.
I tried 'c-c c-c', 'TAB' and here is what I get:
Acroread  Check        LaTeX     Print    View      gv        xpdf
Acroread  File        Other     Queue    gv      gv
BibTeX      Index        PDFLaTeX  Spell    gv      xpdf

There is not dvips (although dvips is installed on my system). How can I make it work?

Christophe

Color changes worked  using the "M-x customize-face RET ..." commands
and choosing the right item (for example font-lock-comment-face) .
However, the command "M-x describe-text-properties" doesn't exist in
my version of xemacs.

That's why I mentioned an alternative method.

By the way, is there an internet webpage that gives the list of
avaible colors with samples (for example green, darkgreen,
forestgreeen, ....)

GNU Emacs provides a list of colors via `M-x list-colors-display
RET'.  I didn't find anything equivalent for XEmacs.

About bibliography and citations:
I installed Reftex, but when I press `C-c [', sometimes it works (ie I
see all avaible citation in my bib file and middle click to choose
one), sometimes it doesn't work:
it displays: Regex ( && Regex...) : [thelastworfItyped] :
And when I hit TAB, nothing happens...

Specify a regular expression for matching.  If you want to match all
entries, insert "." (without quotation marks).  If you want to match
only specific entries and you don't want to dive into regular
expression syntax it is probably easiest to insert a substring of the
entry you are searching for.

Another question: does auctex or reftex work for labels (\label and
\ref commands)? How can I use it?

Sure, that's what RefTeX is all about!  RefTeX's manual explains their
usage quite extensively and surely better than I could do in a single
mail.  The online help is available via `C-h i d m RefTeX RET'.