Re: some new extension of xr-hyperref/hyperref

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: some new extension of xr-hyperref/hyperref
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:10:56 +0100

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> To add font and command support for \getrefbykeydefault{}{}{} is very
>> easy (see the patch below),

> IIUC \getrefbykeydefault is provided by refcount.sty.  So why adding
> that macro to hyperref.el?

Oops, that is strange, I did not load refcount explicitly
only hyperref, so may be there is a dependency I am not aware of.
(Or xr-hyperref)

Be it as it may, we even don't have refcount.el as far as I can tell.

>> however it would be nice to have also reftex support.

> What do you mean by this?  You could apply the things we do for \ref to
> \getrefbykeydefault as well, or am I missing something?

Right, I mean reftex-ref should allow me to add \getrefbykeydefault of
say an external section or equation etc

>> On the other hand reftex seems only to support the format \ref{eq:1}
>> but not \ref{eq:1}{url}{some text}

> Really, \ref takes 3 arguments?  Can you provide a pointer where this is
> described?

No this is a misunderstanding \ref *does* not take three arguments but

\getrefbykeydefault *needs three arguments*

So just adding \getrefbykeydefault

By say

     (add-to-list 'reftex-ref-style-alist
                  '("Refcount" "refcount" (("\\getrefbykeydefault" ?G)))
                  t)

Would not be the right thing, wouldn't it?

Best

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the
despicable pogroms.