Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patch for multi-prompt.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patch for multi-prompt.el
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:12:59 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

>> But then, I don't understand the problem.  When
>> `multi-prompt-key-value' is called, the (require 'crm) will signal an
>> error if there's no crm.el on the load-path.  And if there is a
>> crm.el, `crm-separator' cannot be undefined.
> I have `crm.el'.  As I've already said, usually it works without
> problems, `crm-separator' is defined and has the correct value ("," if
> not otherwise specified), it's only the sequence of steps I've
> reported that breaks something, but I can't find what neither why.
> Did you try to reproduce the error?

Yes, I can reproduce the error.  I've even edebugged
`multi-prompt-key-value'.  The (require 'crm) returned t, but thereafter
I have:

,----[ C-h v crm-separator RET ]
| crm-separator is a variable defined in `crm.el'.
| It is void as a variable.
|
| Documentation:
| Separator regexp used for separating strings in `completing-read-multiple'.
| It should be a regexp that does not match the list of completion candidates.
| Modify this value to make `completing-read-multiple' use a separator other
| than `crm-default-separator'.
`----

This is really strange.  I'll ask on emacs-devel for advice how to debug
this issue.  It doesn't look like an AUCTeX problem to me.

Bye,
Tassilo