Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patch for multi-prompt.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patch for multi-prompt.el
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:05:08 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

> I have `crm.el'.  As I've already said, usually it works without
> problems, `crm-separator' is defined and has the correct value ("," if
> not otherwise specified), it's only the sequence of steps I've
> reported that breaks something, but I can't find what neither why.
> Did you try to reproduce the error?

I was able to create a minimal recipe for the problem and to fix it (see
my last commit).  The problem is that

  (let ((crm-separator ","))
    (require 'crm))

won't work.  Since crm-separator is already bound by the let, the value
in the crm.el defvar form for it will be ignored, i.e., outside that
let, the variables's value is void.

In AUCTeX, the (require 'crm) wasn't immediately in the let butsomewhere
below the call stack, but that doesn't change anything.

Now I require crm top-level immediately in tex.el and not in
`multi-prompt-key-value', and that fixes the issue.

Bye,
Tassilo