Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Moderation messages of auctex-commit

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Moderation messages of auctex-commit
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:14:31 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 06 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to turn off those annoying messages from auctex-commit
>
> Nice to hear that auctex-commit and auctex-diffs are set up and seem
> to work.

I don't know how you can make that guess from a single mail of Ralf
where he complains that they are not working.

> David, may I subscribe the groups on Gmane now as discussed earlier?

I'd rather not have them go public before I managed to get the
moderation issues ironed out.  I want a setup that does not require me
(and CVS committers) to go to the hassle of moderation, without
turning this into a SPAM paradise.

> I guess each developer with write access to CVS should be subscribed
> (possibly with mail delivery turned off).  Does each developer have
> to do this on his own or can you do it for all committers, David?

Oh, junk.  Let us first see how I get this to play out with the normal
moderation possibilities.  I have now white-listed Ralf explicitly so
that he does not get to bear all the load from my experiments, but I
still need to get a useful setup going.

If and when the lists and their automoderation are working reliably
enough to go public, I'll tell.