Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:55:32 +0200

* Masayuki Ataka (2005-04-01) writes:

> From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
>
>> Here you are:
>> <URL:http://iwi.uni-sb.de/angeli/misc/auctex/multipage-3/>
>>
> One comment.
>
> I feel it is good idea to use <h3> instead of <span class="emph">
> in features page, for specifing the item of features.
>   http://iwi.uni-sb.de/angeli/misc/auctex/multipage-3/features.html

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll consider it.

>> Do I really have to extend that darn thing myself?  If this is the
>> case, how can somebody expect an average user to sort out the
>> necessary regexp?  And to make it worse, magic-mode-alist is
>> practically undocumented.  Sigh.  I already reported a bug today.
>> Isn't one per day enough?
>>
> This is my setting for nxml.el in .emacs

Thanks.

> (when (boundp 'magic-mode-alist)
> (setq magic-mode-alist
>       (cons '("<\\?xml " . nxml-mode) magic-mode-alist))
> )

How did you figure this out?  Did you have to dig through
`set-auto-mode' like me as well?  Because unless I am missing
something here, I will write a bug report at least about the lack of
documentation in Emacs' manual for `magic-mode-alist'.

--
Ralf