Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:31:45 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-04-01) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> As you want to have the new preview-latex release linked and
>> downloadable somewhere, I'll have to erect the new site shortly as
>> well.  Any comments on the current state?
>
> It may be tiring, but when asking about the current state, it does not
> hurt to include the link instead of expecting people to hunt through
> old postings for it.  Lazy, I know.

Here you are:
<URL:http://iwi.uni-sb.de/angeli/misc/auctex/multipage-3/>

Maybe you have some information in return: I am currently trying to
convince Emacs loading nxml-mode when opening an HTML file. (I want to
see if it is better than psgml-mode which I have been using until now
and which doesn't really do a good job when it comes to indentation
and some other things.  But maybe I am just too stupid to use it.)  So
I put
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist
             '("\\.\\(xml\\|xsl\\|rng\\|x?html\\)\\'" . nxml-mode))
into my .emacs file but that gets overruled in case of existing files
by magic-mode-alist which says, "No boy, you get html-mode!"

Do I really have to extend that darn thing myself?  If this is the
case, how can somebody expect an average user to sort out the
necessary regexp?  And to make it worse, magic-mode-alist is
practically undocumented.  Sigh.  I already reported a bug today.
Isn't one per day enough?

--
Ralf