aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Trying to use aspell with varcon word list

From: Blair
Subject: [Aspell-user] Trying to use aspell with varcon word list
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:35:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am trying to use aspell with varcon
word list to convert documents from American spelling into British
spelling but after a long time trying I have had no success.  This is
what I have done (tried).
        1. installed aspell on Fedora using yum, no problem all is working as
expected.
        2. Change my default dictionary to: master=en_GB
        3. Changed the replacement option to: repl=aspell.en.prepl
        4. Run the make-variant script from varcon directory witch produced the
file variant.tab file
        5. copied variant.tab to ~/aspell.en.prepl
When running aspell it would just hang. Truth is I tried many other things read
all the docs and searched
the forum but unfortunately still haven't figured it out any help
would be most appreciated!!

Thank You