aspell-user

[Aspell-user] trying to install Hindi aspell spellchecker in new netbook

From: Swarup
Subject: [Aspell-user] trying to install Hindi aspell spellchecker in new netbook
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:14:32 -0500

Hello,
I have been using my Hindi aspell spellchecker for years in several
laptops and netbooks using Ubuntu. I have just attempted to set it up in
another new netbook and when trying to do the "./configure" step, to my
surprise I receive the following error:

address@hidden:~/aspell6-hi-0.02-0$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: Permission denied
address@hidden:~/aspell6-hi-0.02-0$

What could this be due to, or how to approach the solution to this? This
has never happened to me before when I was doing this install. "sudo"
has never been required for this before, so I did not use it. "sudo" is
only needed for the final step, right-- "sudo make install". But here I
am being refused permission for the very first step.

Thanks,
Swarup