aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Multiple users sharing a .aspell.en.pws file

From: Steve Young
Subject: [Aspell-user] Multiple users sharing a .aspell.en.pws file
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 13:29:15 -0800

Hi,

I have a team of people that use aspell to spell check documents that want
to have centralized, shared, list of non-dictionary words.

Would it be possible for me to just link every user's personal
.aspell.en.pws file to another single file, such that when they Add a word
to the list it then becomes a valid word for all users?

Will aspell handle file-locking so that no collisions or damage occur to the
single shared file?

I'm thinking an alternative might be a cron job that grabs every users
personal .aspell.en.pws file, concatenates and de-dupes them, then use that
file as an -extra-dict?  But that doesn't seem as clean.

Or is there a better way for me to implement a shared word list?

Thanks and best regards,

Steve