aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] new bee to use Aspell( spell check in web emailapplica

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] new bee to use Aspell( spell check in web emailapplication)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:26:20 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "bharath bushan" <address@hidden>
To: "Gary Setter" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] new bee to use Aspell( spell check in web
emailapplication)

> Hi,
> In simple terms my requirement is " I want to use Aspell to give spell
> checking capability for a text file on the windows XP "  something similar
> to the spell checking done in  Microsoft word. In particular after i write
> simple paragraph in a text box, i would like to conduct a spell check on
it,
> and i want to know how to use Aspell for this.
>
> Thanks
<snip>

Hi Bharath,

It seems to me that there are three approaches you could take:

1. You could use the Aspell port from DescDataDiary as a static library and
call its functions with the c-interface. See interfaces\cc\aspell.h

2. You could the same above as a dynamic library, again with the
c-interface.

3. You could pipe each word to aspell and receive the results from the pipe.
See the user manual. I do not use this method, so I can't be much help.

In any case, you will need to create your own dialog box to present the text
and suggestions to the customer and receive the results.

By the way, if you have suggestion for improvement let us know.

Hope that helps,
Gary