aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] unhandled exception when using aspel in a simple win32

From: Niki Lijnen
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] unhandled exception when using aspel in a simple win32 console application
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 01:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, that project is made in visual C++ 6 and I am working in visual studio 2005. I get a lot of problems ( many warnings, some errors ), that I don't really know how to handle. I am pretty new in C++. So if you have any other tip, or if you know where I can find material that I can use in visual studio 2005, I'd appreciate it.

Best regards,

Niki

From: Niki Lijnen

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use aspell in a simple win32 console application ( C++ ), but it
> doesn't run. When doing
>
> AspellConfig *config = new_aspell_config() ;
>
> I get the following exception:
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x0009a500 in AspellTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
> violation reading location 0x0009a500
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Best regards,

Hi Niki

I've run into something similar. You might try this project. It uses Aspell as it's spell checker. Hope it helps!
Gary

http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary/

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.