aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] aspell munch-list multi < american-words.35 fails with

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell munch-list multi < american-words.35 fails with an exception ver 0.61 from cvs
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:17:16 -0700

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Gary Setter wrote:

What is interesting about the list is that it has words with
suffixes, but not the base word. For example: eviler evilest but
not evil.
The problem is in function munch_list_complete() in module
much_list.cpp. It has vectors called to_keep_exp and to_keep.
Evil is not in the list, and is not stored in to_keep, but it is
added to to_keep_exp. In the last loop, we iterate over all the
values of to_keep_exp and we assume that for each element of
to_keep_exp there is an element of to_keep_exp. This is unsafe
code that results in a crash. The line number is 707.

I would like to submit a patch, rather then a bug report. Please
let me know if this is a known bug and being worked on.

No it is not.

I have verified that the bug is present in 0.61 but NOT in 0.60. Thus I am unlikely to accept a patch which simply fixes it without identifying exactly what change from 0.60 to 0.61 broke it.