aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] spell checker for text areas in Java Applets

From: lepekhine
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] spell checker for text areas in Java Applets
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:17:10 +0300

Hi Laurent!

On Monday 25 November 2002 13:13, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am quite new to Aspell, and to spell checkers in general.
> I was thinking of using Aspell as a spell checker for text areas in Java
> Applets (e.g. e-mail body). However, I saw Aspell has a C API only, which
> does not make it very adapted to Java programs and applets.
>
> Can Aspell be sensibly used in a Java Applet context?
> If not, do you know another spell checker that would be more adapted to
> this context?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Best regards
>
> Laurent FOREST

I successfuly use jEdit text editor with spell checker plugin.
The editor itself and all plugins are written in Java.
It works fine for English and Russian languages for me..
As I understand this plugin use aspell input and output steams and does not
use aspell API at all.
Please, go to www.jedit.org and then to plugins page.
You can get java sources there.
I work in Rad Hat Linux 7.3 with embedded aspell
and with Russian dictionary from aspell site.

Best regards
Alexander Lepekhine