aspell-user

Re: [Aspell-user] aspell windows build

From: Mahesh T Pai
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell windows build
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:59:52 +0530

Thorsten Maerz wrote:

 > Hmm, I am not sure if it's a good idea to bundle the cygwin1.dll.
 > How do you understand the following excerpt from redhat/cygnus?
 >
 > http://cygwin.com/licensing.html
 >
 >> Note that this does not apply to the cygwin DLL itself. If you
 >> distribute a (possibly modified) version of the DLL you must
 >> adhere to the terms of the GPL, i.e. you must provide sources for
 >> the cygwin DLL. [...] Red Hat sells a special Cygwin License for
 >> customers who are unable to provide their application in open
 >> source code form.

Thanks for asking.

Cygwin is under the GPL. Aspell is under the LGPL. Both are compliant with OSD. and I have put up an unmodified version of the cygwin dll. (actually, I simply "cut and pasted" cygwin1.dll from my own cygwin install.)

That meas, it is sufficient for me to point out that cygwin is
covered by GPL, and point to the cygwin's web site for sources - GPL - 3 (c).

Please tell me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Mahesh T Pai.