aspell-user

[Aspell-user] aspell windows build

From: Mahesh T Pai
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell windows build
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:31:39 +0530

nullHi! all,

I have uploaded a tar.bz2 binary build file for windows.  This one
comes with english dictionaries.

It is available from http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/downloads/aspell.htm

Make sure to read the readme for windows before downloading.

This is one not for the faint hearted. You will need to download the
file named aspell-win32-0.50.2-beta.zip, rename it to
<anything>.tar.bz2, unpack it and modify the PATH variable in the
autoexec.bat file to run.

I do not know how the 'configure' and 'make install' for dictionaries
for windows can be made, so included the dictionaries as they come
with this.

I am not sure if this will work from any other location other than
D:\aspell\aspell32.

PS:-  I will be happy if somebody will host it, coz. I am using
yahoo's geocities free pages.  I did have a few offers for hosting,
but I am not sure if the build will work, and will consider them if
the build works fine.

I will be happy to receive feed back, but cannot support or 'maintain'
the build.

Thanks,
Mahesh T Pai.
null