aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Some programs cannot find dictionaries in 0.50.2

From: John Mellor
Subject: [Aspell-user] Some programs cannot find dictionaries in 0.50.2
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:16:10 +0100

I have just installed 0.50.2 and -en-0.50.2 according to instructions, apparently successfully as aspell check works fine in a terminal and also from the mail client Pronto, both calling up the British english dictionary. However, the mail clients Balsa and Sylpheed and also Abiword all report that; 'I'm sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for the language-tag "en"'.

I have searched the docs and discovered this is a known problem but cannot fathom out how to fix it. Can anyone help me please?

John

PS When I call aspell in a terminal I find it confusing because there is no gap between the proffered word entries and the list of commands, like there is with Ispell. Is there any way of inserting one?