aspell-user

[Aspell-user] successfull build

From: Mahesh T Pai
Subject: [Aspell-user] successfull build
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 22:35:22 +0530

Hi all,

I have built aspell 0.50.2 on win98 using cygwin.

I am trying to use it with jedit; it seems that it will work.

But,

./sh configure &&make --enable-win32-relocatable throws up an error message like this:-

1. A required.dll file, C:\windows\temp\cct3rele6.exe was not found
On another attempt, the file name was cc0mpugy.exe It seems that the file name always starts with 'cc'. (I tried for four five times).

2. note the 'sh' in the command line. (Probably, something wrong with cygwin environment?)

3. ./make install spewed out so many errors, and towards the end, showed something about error 127, and exited with status 1.

4. An earlier build with the options:-

--prefix=/cygdrive/d/progra~1/aspell --bindir=/cygdrive/d/progra~1/aspell/bin --sbindir=/cygdrive/d/progra~1/aspell/sbin

still put the dlls and exe file in /usr/local .. etc. What is wrong here? Is it the cygwin environment?

5. I am not a programmer, if you have not already guessed that. If somebody tells me what files are used by the binary, maye, I can try to put a tarball somewhere on the web - probably, somebody not used to building own binaries can use them.

I think I got the following
    File Name                  size
mk-dirs_h.exe                 204,002
cygaspell-common-0-50-2.dll 2,321,883