aspell-user

[pspell-user] Re: word-list-path problem.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [pspell-user] Re: word-list-path problem.
Date: Sun Dec 23 17:01:03 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Daniel Crown wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm using the pspell API and it's not recognizing the "word-list-path"
> option.
> The default word list directory is /usr/local/share/pspell, and I want
> to have the word list on the /home/daniel/pspell directory. Therefore
> from my C program I'm doing:
>
> pspell_config_replace(config, "word-list-path", "/home/daniel/pspell" );
>
> But it doesn't work. It only works when I place the word lists on the
> default path, but this doesn't work for me because I need to specify the
> word list path dinamically from my C program.
>
> Did I miss something?  How can I make pspell to take the word-list-path
> option?

Yes.  you can not set "word-list-path" directly.  If you bothered to check
the return value you would of noticed that it returned an error condition.
>From section 4.4 of the Pspell manual:

  <list> options can not be set directly, you must use the option
  add-<option> to add an item to the list, rem-<option> to remove an
  item, or rem-all-<option> to remove all the items. In the case of
  rem-all-<option> the value should be an empty string.

PS: I CC the pspell-user mailing list as that is the appropriate mailing
list to post Pspell questions on not aspell-user.