aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.50.3 <-- :) (win32 build)

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.50.3 <-- :) (win32 build)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:49:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Thorsten Maerz wrote:

> I've also updated the mingw win32 binaries and makefiles, they are
> available for download at [1].
>
> For those interested in compiled dictionaries: The GAIM/win32 project
> [2] hosts a complete set (using a win32 installer). I had no contact
> with those guys yet, so maybe I should ask them for a common install
> dir or even zip'ed dictionaries, so *nix people can use them, too.

Great!  I would defiantly appreciate it if you could get it contact with
them.  I would really applicate it if you guys can get organized and are
willing to work together to maintain an official Win32 build.  If you agree
to do so I will be willing to give a few people (I would say up to 3)
project access so you can maintain the official build without having to go
through me.

> What do you think of including the win32 tree (from [1]) into ASpell
>   (i.e. Makefile, settings.h, Readme-win32.txt)?
> - A build using configure/autotools (if this should work for mingw one
>   day) depends on a quite complex setup. An additional standalone
>   Makefile is a quite common solution.
> - It could also contain the Visual C diffs / build files (if they
>   should be included).

Yes I would be willing to do so if you promise to maintain the Win32 tree
(see above).

> Btw, the --enable-relocatable description in your Readme is a bit wrong:
> The bin dir detection is not included in your sources, only the changed
> home dir. Anyway, the bin dir detection from the ASpell-0.33 patch only
> worked for "aspell config", but not for other commands, e.g. "check"
> (when applied to 0.50).

If you would be willing to maintain the Win32 tree maintaining the Win32
section of the manual will be part of that task. ;)

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org