aramorph-users

Re: [Aramorph-users] Re: XMl Dictionary Handler

From: Pierrick Brihaye
Subject: Re: [Aramorph-users] Re: XMl Dictionary Handler
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:49:35 +0200

Hi,

Ahmed El-dawy wrote:

Where are you? I have sent you this mail twice. This is the third one I send this mail with no replies. If you read this mail, send me any sign you are here.
I am waiting for you reply.

Keep cool ! I have a professional and familial life beside Aramorph :-) Both are quite time-consuming this summer.

Furthermore, don't forget that we are not alone on this *mailing-list* and that "you" should be considered as a plural...

BTW, avoid posting in HTML :

> [HTML]
> Ce message contenait des objets HTML potentiellement dangereux
> tels que scripts ou raccourcis. Ils ont été inhibés.

Anyway...

Please package your java files in gpl.pierrick.brihaye.aramorph.* and zip them accordingly.

Separate also what is related to the interface and what is related to the implementation as we have discussed before.

For interfaces, what we *just* need is :

boolean CompatibilityTable.contains(String first, String second) or even *matches*

boolean Dictionary.hasPrefix(String translitered)
Iterator Dictionary.getPrefixIterator(String translitered)
(then stem, then suffix).

String DictionaryEntry.getEntry()
String DictionaryEntry.String getLemmaID()
String DictionaryEntry.String getVocalization()
String DictionaryEntry.String getMorphology()
String DictionaryEntry.getPOS()
String DictionaryEntry.getGloss()
String DictionaryEntry.getGlosses()
String DictionaryEntry.return this.root;

Any other concern should be in classes. Actually, the classes you provided have a double implementation :
in-memory storage
XML initialization (no more reading from original dictionary files ?). Here, we could get benefit of a dedicated interface fromXML() or similar.

I'm sure this can be reorganized in a more efficient way : remember that what we need is to replace the in-memory storage by more efficient storages (RDBMS, Lucene, XML, whatever...).

Some harmless comments :

Object o = entries.get(de.getEntry());
replace Object by Collection ?

Do avoid import com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.Arg;

The constructor of DictionaryEntry should avoid the Gloss/POS split since this job should be done by the XML converter.

Recurrent typo in "Compatability".

I will make a deeper review... when I have time ;-)

Cheers,

p.b.