alsa-xmms-user

Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] Re: Memory leak ?

From: Matthieu Sozeau
Subject: Re: [Alsa-xmms-user] Re: Memory leak ?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:35:04 +0200

Le 04 Apr 2002 11:46:41 +0200, Blaz Novak a écrit:

>> I'm using an alsa0.9beta12(it did the same thing with beta10a) only
>> system(no OSS emulation) and when I'm streaming online MP3(input)with
>> xmms 1.2.7 with this plugin(output), the memory used is increasing
>> slowly to fill almost my 512 MB of ram and my CPU usage reaches 100%.
>> Is this normal ?
>
>I've uploaded this patch a couple of days ago but I haven't received any
>reply yet ... Basically this function returned a value of '13' almost
>anytime it was called by the input plugin. This value is used to
>timestamp audio data that gets enqueued for visualisation. Ofcourse that
>way it was never dequeued. This fixed the problem for me but I don't
>have the time to find out if it is the correct solution.
>Blaz.

I had not seen this patch before, but it's really the good behavior, so i
applied it. Thanks for your patch, and sorry for not watching the project page.

I also fixed the pause/unpause problem a bit. Now it doesn't take 100% CPU time
but there is still data in the buffer I don't flush. I'm working on it.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero." - Steven Wright