adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] Cirdanth

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Cirdanth
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:33:01 -0600 (CST)

Y'all,
Of course, I've been inventing a great many tidbits of late, but one that
might need a little more doublechecking that others is the approximate
geography of Cirdanth and outlying villages. Working from Lucia's
statements in Waste's Edge and Kai's description in the plot doc, I would
assume that Cirdanth is a trade hub.
I'm also working on the assumption that there are distinct Human and
Half-Elvish districts within the walled city of Cirdanth. Most of the
human population of Cirdanth, however, lives beyond the wall in villages
that have grown up around the gates, towers, and cardinal points of the
city. The Elves prefer that affairs within the walls remain orderly, so
the Men of the Mace are particularly careful to control events in the
Human District. The outlying villages and farms feed the city, while the
commerce within the walls governs and expands it.
I imagine that the streets are narrow and especially mazelike in the Human
quarter and its outlying villages. It lacks the visual and aesthetic
harmony that Elvish and half-Elvish districts display.
Of course, there are also the river and harbour docks, around which
smaller Human districts have sprung up, as well as the Temple and Manor,
which are the heart of the city.
More to come, as usual.

--
Andrew Phillips