[Adonthell-devel] 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:48:28 -0700

Actually, it's done :-). I've uploaded the files, updated the website
and sent out the first announcement. Time for vacaction ;-)

Actually, I will be gone from next Monday on for two weeks with
limited access to email. I'll try to answer stuff that comes in
regarding the release and such, but it might take a while ... so
please help out if you can :-).

One note regarding the OSX packages: there's a little script I wrote
to help me preparing the libs I wanted to include. You'll find it
attached. There's still some manual work left for libpng and libSDL
though. Improvements welcome.

You'll probably also wonder why the OSX binary is 13M in size,
compared to 3.7M for the Windows package. Problem was me struggling
with the debug information in all the files. My guess now is to run
'strip -S' instead of a plain 'strip', but after ruining one working
app bundle, I didn't want to give it a second try ;-).

So yeah ... the build needs to be streamlined much more ... especially
if we're planning to do more frequent mini-releases. (Unless we don't
care about binaries)