Re: [Adonthell-devel] Environment 'simulation'

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Environment 'simulation'
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:14:59 +0200

Am 08.08.2005 um 18:00 schrieb tyler laing:

Hi

Well I would like to help you out with this Ether. It sounds really cool. It all depends though on the language you would like it in. I'm really only good with Python.

In principle, it could be written in Python, especially those parts concerning the user interface. For integration with the engine, there should be at least a small part on C++ side. I can help with that, if you want.

This module would allow for a much better radar style detection system where a character if they make noise will become more visible on the map. If their quiet then the dot representring them can be more vague. I have no idea if my idea is useful or not, but I would really like to help.

It will probably take a while before we can have some sort of radar (first the new mapengine needs to be done), but I had quite similar ideas.

So if you want to give the thing a try, you are welcome. My time is a little limited right now, but if you have questions or need help with existing code, feel free to ask. A few others on the list might also be able to help out.