Re: [Adonthell-devel] Well, back to work

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Well, back to work
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:11:45 +0200

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:01:25 -0400 Josh Glover wrote:

> Josh Glover wrote:
> > Unless anyone has a better suggestion, I think I will get back into
> > the item / inventory / combat code, which was what I was working on
> > before.
>
> Oh, and that networking code looks like another thing that I would be
> both interested in and good at. I have done a lot of network stuff
> this year.

We started a new approach on the item system; more centered around
Python this time. Thorsten Riess is working on it at the moment and
should have some sort of demo ready soon.

But feel free to dig into the networking. There was some discussion
about this a few months ago. It's in

http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/adonthell-devel/2001-December/thread.html

and starts with a discussion about game saving but at some point turns
into networking. There may also be some interesting bits in the december
irc log.