ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] Ada mode 5.2.2 released

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] Ada mode 5.2.2 released
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 14:07:14 +0100

On 16 Jul 2017, at 21:02, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

> Simon Wright <address@hidden> writes:

>> MTN needs an update, too.
>
> Apparently I have since fixed that.

It hasn't appeared in the org.emacs.ada-mode branch?

>> I found that ada_mode_gps_indent.gpr needs the same fix as
>> gpr_query.gpr, and then builds and works fine.
>
> Ok.
>
>> It'd be nice if the choice of whether to 'with "gnatcoll_xref"' could
>> be automated. I can't see a way of doing that (other than by a trial
>> build, which might be felt to be inefficient).
>
> Hmm. build/Makefile inherits GNAT_VERSION from the environment, with no
> default. I set that manually in my ~/.emacs, depending on which version
> I'm working with.
>
> We should be able to compute it from 'gnat --version'.

It's not so much the GNAT version as the version of gnatcoll. This matters to
me because the GCC 7.1.0 Darwin version that I support includes the new
gnatcoll (I got it from Github).

See update in MTN on branch org.emacs.ada-mode.sjw, revision
9c4859f7021e1ba2f94ddcd6e20b7d9dbce90a52. This checks whether gnatcoll_xref.gpr
is present (it doesn't check whether it has been installed with the proper
options for xref, though!)