ac-archive-maintainers

no-meta-data-rewrite is online (was: Versioning Macros In The Archive)

From: Peter Simons
Subject: no-meta-data-rewrite is online (was: Versioning Macros In The Archive)
Date: 28 Jan 2005 00:22:26 +0100

Alexandre Duret-Lutz writes:

 >> Instead of having the _internal_ archive information in
 >> the m4 source code and stripping that for release, I'll
 >> have that information in a separate database which will
 >> be invisible to users of the archive.

 > That is sounds good to me. Thank you.

I am glad you like the idea. And the best part is: It is
done already.

Please direct your current working directory into a
checked-out "ac-archive" repository and enter:

  cd m4src
  cvs up -P -r no-meta-data-rewrite

Voila.

These files are completely opaque to the archive now. You
can do whatever you want in there.

Have fun.

Peter