ac-archive-maintainers

Re: sfnet microsteps

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: sfnet microsteps
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:34:37 +0100

Peter Simons wrote:
> Guido Draheim writes:
>
>  >> > it seems that about all macros have been touched which
>  >> > I do think is wrong in the first place [...]
>  >>
>  >> Not a single macro has been modified in the
>  >> reorganization, Guido.
>  >
>  > s/all macro/all m4 files/
>
> You may think that doesn't make a difference, but I think it
> does. No _macro_ has been modified. All that was modified
> was the markup, and these modifications were either cosmetic
> or necessary to accommodate the reorganization in the
> archive itself.

It is unimportant whether they are cosmetic, it is unimportant
whether you felt it necessary, it is unimportant whether
you felt reorganizing places was necessary - the m4 file
content is now different from what the submitter has on
his disk.

> So please don't make it appear as I have been messing with
> the macros that were submitted to the archive, because I
> haven't.

(a) I did not say "mess" but "touched" - you seem to
    interpret a lot these days taking everything personal.
(b) my notice continued >> If one would be really strict
    about this then one does need to send out a mail to
    all "stake holders" about the modification. <<

-- guido                   http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++