ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro
Date: 19 Jan 2005 22:14:28 +0100

Steven G. Johnson wrote:

 > No, it's my problem, because you're asking me to
 > distribute my code without disclaiming warranty. And if
 > someone redistributes the macro under the permissive
 > license, I'm still the author. Why should I ask for
 > trouble?

 > Why not just use something like the MIT license, which is
 > just as permissive as the one you want but also disclaims
 > warranty?

Steven, I see your point. If in doubt, I'd say we postpone
the decision until we've clarified that, okay? Until then,
we'll leave your macro under the GPL-with-exception license.

Alexandre, do you know what's the story with the lack of
disclaiming warranty by any chance? You seemed to be a lot
more informed about this matter than the rest of us. Any
luck?

Peter