ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Macro Format

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Macro Format
Date: 17 Jan 2005 11:45:12 +0100

Guido Draheim writes:

 > Well, I was extending the orginal submission format a bit
 > to allow more meta-information to be added - they all
 > just take the @format.

What extensions did you make? How does your formatter differ
from the one I originally wrote? (Or in other words: What
features would I have to add here to understand all inputs
your formatter does?)

 > When speaking about packaging we should think it to be
 > more in terms of "third-party" developers like distro
 > makers that tend to download a source tarball, add some
 > configure hints and patches as needed for their distro,
 > and go to install/pack them.

Well, they can! It's just that "autoconf-archive.tar.gz"
doesn't have any configure script or installation mechanism
right now, that's the part that I'd like to see adapted from
the sf.net archive. It would be nice to provide RPMs too.

Peter